@Daniel: why did you remove the $id$ tags?

From: Guenter <lists_at_gknw.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2010 23:55:40 +0200

Hi Daniel,
(urged by all the git using projects) I've read a bit more about git and
if its possible to have something similar to what we were used to see
with CVS and SVN $Id$; while it seems currently not possible to have
data like commiter / date of last change, git nevertheless knows an
'indent' option which could replace any $Id$ tags in source files with
the last commit hash, and with this it should be easily possible to
check for the commit itself with 'git show'; did you know about this
when you removed the $Id$ tags left over from CVS?

Gün.