Re: the git repo

From: Ben Greear <greearb_at_candelatech.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 09:23:41 -0700

On 03/23/2010 01:08 AM, Yang Tse wrote:

> An alternative could be to keep the main repo at haxx.se for
> committers, nightly snapshots and release tarballs, and have GitHub
> follow the main repo for everything else. But I don't know if this
> would fit your plans or even if it is tecnically possible.

It's trivial to set up your own git repo on your DSL line if nothing
else and publish it to anyone or everyone. Just have a cron-job do a 'git pull'
to keep it in sync (and that git-pull can be against any other set of arbitrarily
up-to-date set of repositories, so you could have something like:

UK pulls from US
France pulls from UK
Russia pulls from France
China pulls from Russia
Iran pulls from China

git-pull is incremental, so even over a very low bandwidth connection
(Tethered cell phone network in the middle of nowhere), it will
work fine.

git is a very good SCM...try it out, you'll like it,
especially 'gitk'.

Thanks,
Ben

--