Re: CURL_RTSPREQ_GET_PARAMETER timout

From: Christopher Conroy <cconroy_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 11:25:36 -0400

On Tue, Mar 23, 2010 at 6:20 AM, Massimo Callegari
<massimocallegari_at_yahoo.it> wrote:

> Hello everybody.
> I am developing a small RTSP client to receive data from a live555 server.
> Everything goes fine until I start to use the CURL_RTSPREQ_GET_PARAMETER method.
> In RTSP this is usually used to send a keepalive to the server. When I send it the curl_easy_perform gets stuck for one minute before returning 200 OK. After that any other command sent to the server returns "RTSP/1.0 405 Method Not Allowed".
> I tried to set a 5 seconds timeout, which reduce the operation timout but the 405 error remains there, so no other operation is possible.
>
> Has anyone experienced this so far ?
> Is this an internal libcurl fault or am I misunderstanding something ?
>
> Thanks in advance
> Massimo

Massimo, if possible could you send a small program that reproduces
the issue for you? I should be able to look into this tonight, but if
I have a test case in hand it will be a lot easier to debug. At the
very least, a tcpdump of the RTSP interaction between your app and the
server would be helpful.

--Chris