Re: New Feature: Site-wide defaults needed for libcurl (comments wanted)

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2010 00:33:16 +0100 (CET)

On Sat, 13 Mar 2010, Philip A. Prindeville wrote:

>> The premise of this ticket is that certain configuration options need to be
>> site-wide (such as going through a proxy or a virus-checker for HTTP
>> fetches... or in my case setting QoS policy). That is, site-wide and only
>> site-wide: options affecting security policy or performance shouldn't be
>> overridden by users' settings.
>
> Really? No one has anything at all to say on this?
>
> Daniel? Do you have an opinion on either issue one way or another?

My verdict: if there isn't any wider support for this idea, then I really see
no point in persuing it. I would add quite a lot of extra code for what seems
to be very few users.

I guess most users of libcurl are fine with (or have already adopted to) using
it as it is, without seeing the need of having a global config file where
users can override config items.