Re: Installing libcurl on Windows 7

From: Andy Horsman <minirobotics_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2010 19:12:19 -0400

On Sun, Mar 14, 2010 at 5:53 PM, Andy Horsman <minirobotics_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 14, 2010 at 5:38 PM, Guenter <lists_at_gknw.net> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>> > sure - why do you append a slash? run:
>> > mingw32-make mingw32
>> k, got fooled by your html formatting - please use plain text to avoid
>> such. Then I've no idea why the make target was not found; you called
>> this from inside the curl root directory?

>> > I see no errors beside the ignored one which is normal - so there's no
>> > prob at all; just copy lib/libcurl.dll + src/curl.exe into another
>> > folder of your choice, and check with:
>> > curl -V
>> > if curl.exe runs.
>> >
>> > Gün.

>> k, got fooled by your html formatting - please use plain text to avoid
>> such. Then I've no idea why the make target was not found; you called
>> this from inside the curl root directory?
>
> My apologies, forgot to disable. and yes, from the root directory,
> directly where I extracted it to.

So I've attempted to move the curl files over to the MinGW includes
directory where C++ could access it via, #include <curl/curl.h>. I'm
no longer getting the file or directory not found error when
compiling, but I'm still not sure which options I should be using.
I've tried both -DCURL_STATICLIB and -lcurl