Re: libcurl speed-limit problem

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2010 19:59:49 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 4 Mar 2010, Ben Greear wrote:

>> I've not tried a later library and I'm a bit reluctant as I'm trying to
>> stick within Debian Stable for now. Protocol HTTP and downloading using
>> HTTP GET. According to the site this should work fine after version 7.15.5
>> of the lib.
>
> You should at least try a later version that is known to work. If you still
> see the problem, it's likely your code that is wrong and you can debug it in
> earnest.

I can only second that. The changelog mentions a fix in the related area for
7.16.1 but other than so I can't find any known bugs with this.

Also, being a volunteer-driven project we don't really have the ability to
hunt for problems in very old versions. If the problem exists in very recent
versions I'll be happy to join in and assist, but if the bug already is fixed
then I think my time is better spent on other things.