RE: 7.20.0: soname again :-(

From: Patrick Monnerat <Patrick.Monnerat_at_datasphere.ch>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 13:06:55 +0100

Daniel Stenberg wrote:

> We should probably extend the docs/libcurl/ABI document to describe
this.

Why not, if it can clarify the subject and the position of libcurl's
team about it, or be used as a "bookmark" ? However, the subject is very
general and also applies to all other dynamic library designs as well.

Please fell free to take ideas and/or excerpts of my previous mail for
that task. They where just reflexions thrown in a perfect disorder and I
don't think the sentences are written in a very good english :-( ... but
in my defense, these thoughts were not very easy to express with words.

Don't hesitate to ask if you need a reader for your text (at least on
the technical standpoint!).

Cheers,
Patrick