RTSP support for libcurl, preview patch for comments

From: Chris Conroy <Chris.Conroy_at_hillcrestlabs.com>
Date: Fri, 08 Jan 2010 19:35:20 -0500

All,

I am now ready to share my progress on adding RTSP support to libcurl.
This patch contains most of the RTSP functionality.

The patch is against 17.9.7. A patch against CVS will come early next
week.

There are a few items that are still lacking which I have noted in
rtsp.c. In place of unit tests, I have a dummy driver program I have
been using with various RTSP servers available to me, and I hope to get
some time to convert and expand this driver into proper unit tests. The
entire rtsp-wip/ (work in progress) folder can be ignored unless you
want to just see an example of how to use the API. This is my (very
inadequate) testbed at the moment.

Documentation has been added for all of the new options. Make the
documentation (e.g. make html) to get it into a user friendly state.

RTSP RFC for your reference: http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc2326

Since RTSP shares a lot of similarities with HTTP, I have tried to make
shared use of HTTP code wherever possible. I have made some previously
private HTTP functions public, and the RTSP functions call into their
HTTP counterparts once they have set up their RTSP-specific things.

Please let me know if you see any issues, have any questions, or just
any general comments. I'm fairly new to libcurl development, and I have
tried to follow the conventions as closely as possible, but I'm sure
there are probably one or two places where I could do something in a
more appropriate way for libcurl.

If anyone has any thoughts on a sane way to handle Server->Client
requests, please let me know.

P.S. Over the weekend, I may reply on the list from cconroy_at_gmail.com in
addition to this email address.

--Chris Conroy