Re: select call returns without any data

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2010 13:44:34 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 7 Jan 2010, centrio_at_gmail.com wrote:

> #Because there wasn't traffic enough to cause a callback to get called? What
> #callback were you expecting that didn't get called?
>
> I am expecting atleast header callback to get called. I have only two
> callbacks registered. HEader and data.
>
> I am facing a problem in which I keep calling this function in a loop, and
> it does not wait on select. ie select returns immediately. And i am calling
> this method in a loop for about one minute. Due to this my CPU usage is
> rising to 100% for this one minute. I wanted to know the exact reason why
> select is returning so fast (before timeout) without any callbacks getting
> called. some sort of paradox.

That certainly sounds like a (libcurl) bug. What libcurl version are you using
on what platform? Have you tried to use wireshark to see what's actually
happens on the network at that point in time? Or perhaps try using
CURLOPT_DEBUGFUNCTION to get to see more details exactly what libcurl does and
what it sends and receives. Could provide some additional clues.

Does the problem repeat itself every time against the same URL or does it
vary?

> PS U guys are having a rocking life there. :) (http://daniel.haxx.se/) Kudos
> to u and team for the great work..

Thanks!