Re: select call returns without any data

From: <centrio_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 07 Jan 2010 12:37:31 +0000

> My question is, why callbacks dont get called even if FD's have change?

#Because there wasn't traffic enough to cause a callback to get called? What
#callback were you expecting that didn't get called?

I am expecting atleast header callback to get called. I have only two
callbacks registered. HEader and data.

I am facing a problem in which I keep calling this function in a loop, and
it does not wait on select. ie select returns immediately. And i am calling
this method in a loop for about one minute. Due to this my CPU usage is
rising to 100% for this one minute. I wanted to know the exact reason why
select is returning so fast (before timeout) without any callbacks getting
called. some sort of paradox.

Regards
Shivanand

PS U guys are having a rocking life there. :) (http://daniel.haxx.se/)
Kudos to u and team for the great work..