RE: curl-library Digest, Vol 53, Issue 4

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2010 00:33:52 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 6 Jan 2010, Daniel Stenberg wrote:

> Your description here makes it sound as if the problem is rather while
> waiting for the connect to happen or fail. I'll proceed with committing the
> previously mentioned patch since I do believe it is still the right thing,
> and then I'll read more code to see if I can understand why you don't get
> progress callbacks during the connection phase.

I'm not sure if I should laugh or cry, but I found almost the exact same
mistake in the connect code as I found in the c-ares name resolving and I've
attached my take at fixing this. Please try it out and let me know how it
works! I expect this patch to work on earlier libcurl versions as well as
latest CVS.

This should make the progress callback get called once per second even during
very slow connect attempts.