Re: setting POSTFIELDS to NULL forces PUT instead of GET - please document

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sun, 27 Dec 2009 21:15:10 +0100 (CET)

On Sun, 27 Dec 2009, Jani Kajala wrote:

> I'm not sure what issue the OP is referring to, but I had at first problems
> with CURLOPT_POSTFIELDS, since at least curl PHP binding documentation does
> not mention that setting CURLOPT_POSTFIELDS implies CURLOPT_POST and I
> didn't realize that first.

If this isn't clear in the docs I think it's a subject to get fixed...

> If I could choose, I would actually prefer that no option implies any other
> option. But that would probably break insane amount of code using libcurl so
> probably better just emphasize stuff in the documentation.

Not only would it change the ABI, it is also not really possible while at the
same time keeping the curl_easy_setopt() the way it is today where it only
serts one value at a time.

So yeah, I can only agree: if there are still confusions or missing details in
the docs we should add clarificatons. I'm not really the man to tell, I know
most of the functionality by heart and not from the docs.