Re: curl_easy_perform() wouldn't return after receiving all the data

From: Goden Wang <godenwang_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2009 09:34:15 +0800

Date: Tue, 8 Dec 2009 11:46:14 +0100 (CET)
> From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
> To: libcurl development <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
> Subject: Re: curl_easy_perform() wouldn't return after receiving all
> the data
>
> On Tue, 8 Dec 2009, Goden Wang wrote:
>
> > Is there any one who can help me on this problem, the demo code attached
> in
> > the mail could fully reproduce the problem.
>
> >From my quick look at it, it looked like just a copy of example code we
> provide. Are they?
>
> Those example codes have worked for me before, so I don't know why they
> don't
> work for you.
>
> There was no capture file in the tarball so I couldn't do the check that
> you
> described.
>
> --
>
> / daniel.haxx.se

> End of curl-library Digest, Vol 52, Issue 12

Sorry, Daniel, when I send the mail the first time, the attachment was too
big, and the mail was send back, so I deleted the capture file, but
forgotten to delete the words in the mail.

the two attachment in this mail is a strace log and the capture file.

in the capture file, the programe send POST in packet 4 and 5, receive
response in packet 7, and then it send a POST to server in packet 11, and
the 200 OK was received in packet 21, it seems all OK in the packets follow.

in the strace log, the first send is in line 229, and the first receive is
in line 238, and then send a empty packet in line 262, after that, no
receive was traced, finnaly I hit CTRL+C stop the programe.

I don't know what's the problem with my enviroment, it is amazing to me, I
test it for hunderds of times, it will stopped all the time, I really don't
know why it worked on your platform.

my enviroment including

Ubuntu8.04 hardy,
gcc version 4.2.3 (Ubuntu 4.2.3-2ubuntu7)
GNU Make 3.81
$PATH =
/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/games

the library i used was the same in the demo code.

really amazed.

Thank you for read the mail..

BR..