Re: curl-library Digest, Vol 51, Issue 53

From: Mark Scheel <tantdyalf_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2009 16:46:20 -0700

I have been using the Android.mk file here:

http://curl.haxx.se/cvs.cgi/curl/Android.mk?revision=1.4&view=co

and the two-libs sample application here:

http://developer.android.com/sdk/ndk/1.6_r1/index.html

on the aforementioned system set up.

My first problem was that I could not get a clean build within the Android
build system, but by configuring with the --without-zlib and --disable-ipv6
flags I was able to get the errors down to stropts.h and ifaddr.h related
errors. By hand modifying <curl-source>/lib/curl_config.h and commenting
out all the related variables (eg (HAVE_STROPTS_H) for stropts and ifaddr I
was able to get a clean build.

(Is it dangerous to comment out these variables, will the library be no good
now.)

I got a .a static library but have been unable to get it loaded into an
Android project without an unknown fatal error from the Android Operating
System.

If you email me directly I will reproduce all my steps and send the
documentation to you and perhaps you can get me going in the right
direction. Alternatively you can tell me something about ifaddr and stropts
and what I am missing by not using them.

Ultimately I would like a small C program that calls some curl methods to be
part of a JNI Android project. If we can get that going I can share the
Android project code, the Application.mk file and the Android.mk file back
to the group.

Thanks