Re: IP address support for no proxy feature

From: Yang Tse <yangsita_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 19:22:49 +0100

2009/11/12, Salisbury, Mark wrote:

> Yes, you make a good point. If I modify the method to also take the resolved IP address of the hostname as an argument and test either the hostname or the IP address against each no proxy host string, that should solve the problem, right?

Probably you should keep the 'textual' host and domain filtering were
you have it, and do not attempt to filter IP addresses or IP subnets
from the no-proxy-list at that point.

Later on once that the target is resolved is when the IP addresses or
IP subnets specified in the no-proxy-list should be checked against
the resolved address. Curl_inet_pton() and Curl_inet_ntop() will be
your friends at that point, these are IPv6 capable and you already
have the network address of the target.

You'll have to verify what fits best.

> Do you have any other concerns?

Related with this... The same others have already expressed on this
thread related to properly distinguishing a host name from an IP
address or IP subnet in the no-proxy-list and using a CIDR scheme for
IP notation.

Ah!, and please don top-post in this list
http://curl.haxx.se/mail/etiquette.html

--
-=[Yang]=-