Re: libCurl hangs at "Curl_purform" after waking up from Hard sleep on OS X 10.5.8

From: Parimal Das <parimal.das_at_webyog.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Oct 2009 12:32:40 +0530

Hi Daniel

I have update my libcurl version to 7.19.6 (latest stable available for OS
X)
The problem persists.
After waking up from sleep, the thread just stays there without doing
anything or coming out.

Stack trace is
Analysis of sampling testNewCurl (pid 11421) every 1 millisecond
Call graph:
    854 Thread_2507
      854 start
        854 main
          854 Curl_perform
            854 select$DARWIN_EXTSN
              854 select$DARWIN_EXTSN

Total number in stack (recursive counted multiple, when >=5):

Sort by top of stack, same collapsed (when >= 5):
        select$DARWIN_EXTSN 854

Can you suggest some workaround please??

Thanks a lot
-Parimal Das

On Tue, Sep 29, 2009 at 11:08 PM, Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se> wrote:

> On Wed, 23 Sep 2009, Parimal Das wrote:
>
> 1. I modified ftpget.c to download via HTTP (my code is in the end of
>> mail)
>> 2. Then while it was downloading, i put my OS X machine in hard sleep
>> 3. On again waking up the machine, the process is running but nothing is
>>

> Lib Curl version : 7.16.3 (i am using the curl lib which is present by
>> default in mac.)
>>

> Well, it sounds like a sort of bug. But 7.16.3 is hopelessly outdated so I
> would urge you to first try the latest version and if the problem persists,
> roll up your sleeves and start digging.
>
> --
>
> / daniel.haxx.se

Warm Regards,