Re: cURL hangs

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2009 22:12:30 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 15 Sep 2009, richard oehlinger [celum] wrote:

(I cleaned up the subject line)

>> Can you please elaborate on how that situation happens in the first place?
>> Preferably with a recipe on how we can repeat the problem.
>
> Thats very easy:

Not so easy for me since I don't use Windows nor Mac and I wouldn't bet any
money on that my laptop (running Linux) does its Stand-By or Hibernate mode
the same way those others do. (And in fact my laptop rarely come back to life
after entering those modes...)

> 4. resume the operating sytem

> result: download would hang but not abort with an error message. I assume
> that is reproducible some way else, but that worked all the time on my site.

So how exactly does the app continue its progress here? Won't the socket still
be around and just the connection end up idle/dead? Isn't this just a case of
libcurl not seeing any traffic and it just sits waiting for it?