Re: Corrupted data with POST on Mac OSX 10.5 with an account that has parental controls activated

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2009 20:01:18 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 14 Sep 2009, Vince Tagle wrote:

>> Did you try using CURLOPT_DEBUGFUNCTION to get to see libcurl's idea of
>> what it sends and compared that against what is actually seen on the wire?
>
> Yes. libcurl thinks it's sending out the correct data.

Not only thinks. It shows what it sent. You can check the code and see for
yourself. This fact does tell me that whatever breaks your app is doing it
outside of libcurl.

> Interestingly enough, I also tried constructing a raw HTTP POST request and
> sending it via netcat to my server and it came through just fine on the
> account with parental controls:

I figure the parental control somehow mangles what libcurl does and it doesn't
do it for your netcat tests.

Sorry, but I don't really see what libcurl does wrong or what I can do to
track this down from my end. I don't have a mac and I'm convinced this isn't a
libcurl flaw. This basic sending of a POST is fairly well tested and used and
if it was that broken we would've gotten far more reports about it.

I think you should direct your focus on the parental control software and
whoever creates that.