Re: libCurl taking long time to download

From: Sandeep R M <sandeep.rm_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2009 16:53:18 -0400

Hi Daniel,

I was just trying to see which is the best option available, so I had to
conduct this test.

Solaris version being used is,
SunOS test 5.10 Generic_127111-09 sun4u sparc SUNW,SPARC-Enterprise
I am using curl version 7.19.0 (we only have this version available
currently).

One more thing I observed was that for relatively shorter web-pages and
files, libCurl performed extremly well (for big files does the wait for IO
cause a lot of delay, CURLOPT_WRITEFUNCTION handler is calle dmultiple
times?).

As many attahcments may be downloaded from a web-page, I thought libCurl
persistent connection can help. Is there anything else I can do for better
performance? Kindly let me know.

Warm Regards,
Sandeep.