Re: libCurl taking long time to download

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2009 22:16:14 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 3 Sep 2009, Sandeep R M wrote:

> the timing details for downloading
> http://curl.haxx.se/download/curl-7.19.6.tar.gz, 50 times on Solaris
> machine, timing details have been obtained using *time* command,

Please don't torture my web server with tests like this. It's also not very
scientific to use a remote file for testing speeds properly.

What Solaris version is this? Have you tried any other curl version and seen
if this slowness is constant or has changed? (I assume you used 7.19.6 to test
this.)

The actual download phase of data is *identical* for HTTP and FTP within
libcurl (after the headers and after the RETR command basically) so I'm having
a hard time explaining this difference.