Re: NSS and configure and pkg-config

From: Guenter <lists_at_gknw.net>
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2009 13:32:57 +0200

Hi Kamil,
Kamil Dudka schrieb:
> Nevertheless obtaining the mingw -ldl library could make the configure
> script happy.
tried that, but it is not offered with the provided packages of both
MingW32 and MingW64 cross compilers :(
the main prob seems to be that configure either doesnt use the
pkg-config opts for these cross compilers but drops in the hard-coded
defaults, or that pkg-config returns the linux pkg-config opts ...
I have though exported the right PKG_CONFIG_PATH from my build script.
and the testcurl.pl reports that it is set properly, so configure really
should come up with the right options ...
it might though be related that I specified
--with-nss=/path/to/mingw/sys-root
this might tell configure to ignore pkg-config, and use the given path,
and then the hardcoded defaults drop in; but if I just use --with-nss
then the first test already fails ...
this configure magic drives me crazy - maybe I go buy some beer now, and
see if I can advance to the level of confusion to understand configure
magic :)

thanks, Gün.