Re: NSS and configure and pkg-config

From: Kamil Dudka <kdudka_at_redhat.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2009 10:04:03 +0200

On Monday 31 of August 2009 09:26:14 Kamil Dudka wrote:
> There would be an idea, though I am not sure if relevant. NSS uses
> dlopen(3) to load PKCS #11 modules on the fly. That's why it needs -ldl
> even with mingw. You probably need to install mingw's equivalent of
> dlopen(3). I have no experiences with using -ldl under mingw yet. I just
> wrote "mingw dlopen" to Google and the first link seems to be related:

I should have looked at the code first. It does not seem to use dlopen(3)
on WIN32. NSS uses PR_LoadLibrary() from NSPR and it uses LoadLibraryW()
if WIN32 is defined in the compile-time:

#ifdef WIN32
    {
    HINSTANCE h;

    h = LoadLibraryW(wname);

Nevertheless obtaining the mingw -ldl library could make the configure
script happy.

Kamil