Re: 'Couldn't resolve host' error since relocating server

From: Tom Van de Putte <goldfrapper_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 12:24:35 +0200

On Wed, Aug 19, 2009 at 11:48 AM, Jeff Pohlmeyer
<yetanothergeek_at_gmail.com>wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 19, 2009, Tom Van de Putte wrote:
>
> > My company moved last friday and thus so did our development
> > server. The problem is that since the relocation my (multi) cUrl
> > script doesn't work anymore.
>
> > (the development server is an plain (arch)linux -
>
> This is totally a shot in the dark, but DNS config gave me fits when
> ArchLinux switched from glibc 2.9 to 2.10
>
> http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=72766
>
> - Jeff

I did read that to, but this problem also occured with glibc 2.8. Anyway i
solved it. The problem is that the deamon script for apache (archlinux) does
a graceful restart. After closing down apache and making shure it rereads
it's configs properly (by changing some values (eg: server port), restart,
and then changing them back and restart again) it worked perfectly.
Apparantly apache keeps certain values like nameservers in a cache that
survives a relocation and reboot.

So, the solve this problem I had to make shure apache took a fresh new
start.

Anyway thanks for helping me out!

-- Tom Van de Putte