Re: perform() is crashing

From: Brandon Tate <brandonntate_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 11:46:15 -0400

Looking over a bunch of ldd info I'm noticing that the example I ran
links to

libcurl.so.3
libssl.so.0.9.7
libcrypto.so.0.9.7

however, libcurlpp has been recompiled to link to

libcurl.so.4
libssl.so.4
libcrypto.so.4

So I'm starting to think there might be a problem there.

> Then you should consider adding it. Or perhaps you can first, if you
> still experience the hang after making sure all your work is using
> the libs you intend (by clearing up the double versions), run strace
> on the app to figure out what it does when it hangs.

Also, I've heard strace mentioned before, but again, don't have the
command. Quite a hole i've gotten myself into here. No more CGI
projects on unmaintained servers for me after this. Lesson learned,
headache achieved.