Re: perform() is crashing

From: Brandon Tate <brandonntate_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 17:07:20 -0400

On Aug 17, 2009, at 11:36 AM, Daniel Stenberg wrote:

> On Mon, 17 Aug 2009, Brandon Tate wrote:
>
>> 1. As far as the usr/local stuff goes, I'm not sure what in there
>> is being used. I didn't build this application, I'm just charged
>> with getting the curl stuff working. Can I just rename the curl
>> files to have a different extension? Will that effectively remove
>> them?
>
> Yes.
>
>> 2. Crashing/Dying means that the applications just stops. No
>> error is thrown, nothing happens at all. It just stops. Not sure
>> how gdb works. I don't have a gdb command on the server so I'm not
>> even sure if it's installed.
>
> Then you should consider adding it. Or perhaps you can first, if you
> still experience the hang after making sure all your work is using
> the libs you intend (by clearing up the double versions), run strace
> on the app to figure out what it does when it hangs.
>
> --
>
> / daniel.haxx.se

I'm working on the lib issues now, but afterwards how do I run strace
on an app that runs in a web browser. I understand I can attach it to
a process, but I have several httpd process running and I'm not sure
which one it would be. I tried attaching to the parent httpd process
and that just keeps showing me a timeout. Can I trace all child
processes?