Re: include .h files in binary rpm package?

From: Rafael Fernández López <ereslibre_at_kde.org>
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2009 13:23:12 +0200

Hi Pete,

This is a decision of the packager, and the upstream development of libcurl
has nothing to do with this issue. (AFAIK).

OTOH this kind of distributions (unlike Arch Linux and Gentoo Linux) have
separate packages for binary only, and what they call "-dev" packages, which
contain also the headers and so on, ready for development.

Despite I am not a RPM or DEB user, I think this will continue to be this
way, since also is what makes more sense for a distribution of that nature.

Regards,
Rafael Fernández López.