include .h files in binary rpm package?

From: Pete Wilson <pete142_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2009 04:15:54 -0700 (PDT)

Hello everyone --

I'm a new libcurl user, worked this past weekend for the first time on/with the package, and I have a couple of thoughts/requests/suggestions:

It would be very handy if the header files were included in binary rpms, like libcurl4-7.19.5-1.i386.rpm. If those files were included in the rpm, then I could develop my software without having to download a development rpm just to extract those few files.

And I'd love to have the directory .../include/curl/curl/ in all rpms with copies of the appropriate files in it, even in their raw, unconfigured state. Of course, those files must also have their permanent residence in .../include/curl/.

These two changes would have saved me a couple of hours of figuring out what's going on.

Thank you for your consideration and your time.

-- Pete