Re: curl_easy_perform never returns for telnet connection

From: Vladimir A. Petrov <vaporg_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Aug 2009 09:50:55 +0400

Hi!

2009/8/6 Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>:
> On Thu, 6 Aug 2009, Vladimir A. Petrov wrote:
>
>> established succesfully but curl_easy_perform call never returns.
>
> At what particular moment did you expect the "transfer" to end? A telnet
> server is usually around always and libcurl will just hang on to it... You
> need to return something in your write or progress callback to force it to
> abort.

OK. I understand that. But the question is what I have to do to send
data to the host? How can I obtain a file descriptor or whatever for
it? I've looked through all header files and I didn't find anything
useful. This looks strange for me.

>> My libcurl version is 7.14.0.
>
> That is an old beast. I'd advice you to upgrade!

Unfortunately I can't. :-( This is embedded system and its
configuration is not under my control. I have to use it as is. :-)

Thank you!

--
/vap/