Re: curl_easy_perform never returns for telnet connection

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 6 Aug 2009 16:10:36 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 6 Aug 2009, Vladimir A. Petrov wrote:

> I am just a newbie in libcurl usage and I've faced with strange issue for
> me. When I establish a telnet connection via libcurl this connection is
> established succesfully but curl_easy_perform call never returns.

At what particular moment did you expect the "transfer" to end? A telnet
server is usually around always and libcurl will just hang on to it... You
need to return something in your write or progress callback to force it to
abort.

Telnet is a bit of an outsider in the libcurl community of protocols.

> My libcurl version is 7.14.0.

That is an old beast. I'd advice you to upgrade!