Re: issues with pre-login to pkcs11 slots when using NSS

From: Kamil Dudka <kdudka_at_redhat.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 16:30:47 +0200

Hi Gün,

On Mon July 13 2009 04:11:02 Guenter wrote:
> hey, I would like to become another non-Fedora user if the beast would
> compile with the mingw 64-bit NSS; but there seems something changed
> with recent NSS which prevents configure to detect the mingw NSS
> properly; maybe if you have some minutes you can take a look? I have
> really no idea how this automagic stuff works ....
> here are the relevant build and configure logs (those with 'win64' suffix):
> http://svwe20.itex.at/~autobuilder/
> the current builds were with --gnutls which seems to have same prob, but
> I've just switched to --with-nss, so next build should use that ...

we can of course improve the configure.ac script to be more portable. I can
see we use it in Fedora with parameters '--without-ssl --with-nss=...'. Could
you try this combination? Generally there are three possibilities to find NSS
libraries:

1) specify the location of NSS libraries manually
2) find it automatically using pkg-config
3) hardwired (emergency ?) configuration in configure.ac

Please try all three cases. Does pkg-config work properly if you invoke it
manually?

Kamil