Re: max download/upload speed setting (libcurl, Delphi)

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sun, 5 Jul 2009 20:00:31 +0200 (CEST)

On Sun, 5 Jul 2009, :) wrote:

>> Why are you making up your own type?
>
> as I said ... I don't make my own type ... this is the Pascal binding I use

Then you should tell the persons making the Pascal binding that they did
wrong.

> someone did it to make libcurl easier :)

... but it ended up the other way around.

> is there any documentation, where I can find out what the "curl_off_t"
> exactly is?

It is the type you should use for the *_LARGE options. The type is provided by
libcurl's headers. You (as in the app) should not have to figure out what kind
it is unless very rare cases.

> I haven't found anything what would explain it ...
>
> or is it the same like Int64? but just created new "type"?

It is made a suitable type to hold 64bit numbers, but the exact representation
depends on your environment. Which is another reason why you should use
exactly curl_off_t and no other type, as then you'll know it will work fine on
all platforms libcurl runs on.