Re: max download/upload speed setting (libcurl, Delphi)

From: :) <frankdochy_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Jul 2009 16:08:57 +0200

> On Sun, 5 Jul 2009, :) wrote:
>
>>  off_t = longint;
>>  pcurl_off_t=^curl_off_t;
>>  curl_off_t=off_t;   <---- this might be a problem?
>
> This is clearly not a wise idea.
>
> libcurl works hard to provide an accurate curl_off_t type in its headers,
> and here you go overriding that. Chances are you will do a wrong decision
> and then of course libcurl won't work as expected.
>
> Why are you making up your own type?

as I said ... I don't make my own type ... this is the Pascal binding I use ...
someone did it to make libcurl easier :)

seems like he hasn't done it properly ;)

is there any documentation, where I can find out what the "curl_off_t"
exactly is?
I haven't found anything what would explain it ...

or is it the same like Int64? but just created new "type"?

these are integer data-types

Shortint -128..127 signed 8-bit
Smallint -32768..32767 signed 16-bit
Longint -2147483648..2147483647 signed 32-bit
Int64 -2^63..2^63-1 signed 64-bit
Byte 0..255 unsigned 8-bit
Word 0..65535 unsigned 16-bit
Longword 0..4294967295 unsigned 32-bit

because now it seems to be longint, but that is 32 bit ...

Thank you