Re: Memory when threading curl

From: Phil Blundell <pb_at_reciva.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2009 13:04:00 +0100

On Mon, 2009-06-29 at 14:14 +0300, John D wrote:
> The 8mb default stack is a crash at 350-450 or stability at 800, when
> the only difference is a well built ssl lib.
> Tough call, any thoughts?

I think the only real way to debug this is for you to find out where in
the code the segfault is actually happening. Set a small stack size
(maybe 256k or so to start with), run your program under the debugger,
wait for it to crash, then post the results here.

Without that, all we can really do is speculate. There doesn't seem to
be anything obvious in libcurl's gnutls glue that would cause it to use
pathological amounts of stack space, so my first guess would be that the
problem is inside gnutls itself, but we would really need more hard data
to say for sure.

p.