Re: install location of PDF and HTML documentation?

From: John E. Malmberg <wb8tyw_at_qsl.net>
Date: Sun, 28 Jun 2009 20:07:51 -0500

Daniel Stenberg wrote:
> On Sat, 27 Jun 2009, John E. Malmberg wrote:
>
>> I notice that the make install step does not copy the .PDF and .HTML
>> documentation when installing the other documentation.
>>
>> Where would these files be expected to reside so that I can add them
>> to the VMS kit that installs a pre-built binary kit.
>
> make install doesn't install those since there's no *nix/posix tradition
> of installing PDF and HTML files for docs, so I'm not aware of any
> suitable place to isntall them.

In looking at the other products that I have ported to VMS, I am seeing
several patterns:

   /usr/share/gtk-doc/html/<product>
   /usr/share/doc/<product>/
   /usr/share/doc/<product>/html

Therefore, since this only affects VMS, I am going to use the following:

   /usr/share/doc/curl/
   /usr/share/doc/curl/libcurl/

Regards,
-John