Re: Help on usinig Curl on vxwrks

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 25 May 2009 15:59:18 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 25 May 2009, Amit Misra wrote:

> In the document section of the cURL website (
> http://curl.haxx.se/docs/install.html) the section for "cross compiler"
> suggests to run configure script after setting the approprate path and other
> env variables.

Yeah, but that pretty much assumes that you use a "standard" linux/unix style
environment for building. Lots of RTOses don't feature that.

> I assume that, ideally, executing ./configure would make the appropriate
> config-[os].h for me. and that creating my own config[os].h (as suggested by
> you) would be another faster/surer way to do the same. Am I right?

configure generates lib/config.h. But my entire existing assumption was that
you wouldn't be able to use the configure approach, as if you can use
configure you can just run that and then run make and enjoy the results.

> However, on running ./configure I see the following error
>
> checking for sys/stat.h... no
> checking for stdlib.h... no
> checking for string.h... no
> checking for memory.h... no
> checking for strings.h... no
> checking for inttypes.h... (cached) no
> checking for stdint.h... (cached) no
> checking for unistd.h... no
> checking for long... no
> checking size of long... 0
> checking for void*... no
> checking size of void*... 0
> configure: error: cannot find out size of long.

That looks like a bug. I assume that configure just don't use your
compiler/environment correctly as "checking for long... no" certainly seems to
tell us something is terribly wrong!