Re: requirement to detect proxy connection failure.

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 25 May 2009 15:54:22 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 25 May 2009, chandrakant gupta wrote:

> here is my code,

> *I need to detect only proxy connection failure for taking some action based
> on that.*

Please don't top-post.

Thinking about this problem and casually browsing some code, I figure there
are a lot of edge cases where you will get various errors where you cannot see
if the problem is in the host or in the proxy. There's just not enough
separation internally and there's only a single CURLE_COULDNT_CONNECT error
code with no distinction made.

So no, I don't have any easy answer for you even though I acknowledge that
being able to do this separation would be nice.