Re: libcurl FTP: CURLOPT_USERNAME and CURLOPT_PASSWORD not working in MAC OS X

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2009 08:47:38 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 30 Apr 2009, Ravi Kishore Reddy G wrote:

Please don't top-post. I find it hard to believe that any poster/reader of
this list haven't noticed this rule by now...

> Yes I am sure. I am using the same library on Windows and Mac.
> If by any chance it is an older version I guess it should give
> compiler errror when I use
> CURLOPT_USERNAME and CURLOPT_PASSWORD. But it is compiling properly.

No, it just shows that you're using newer headers when you compile. Your app
could still pick up an older library at run-time.

If you check the return codes properly for your curl_easy_setopt() invokes,
you'll of course find out since older libcurls will return error for those
options it doesn't know about.