Re: Decompression problems

From: Jonathan Wallace <jwallace_at_livetechnology.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2009 14:57:19 -0400

Daniel Stenberg wrote:
> What libcurl version on what operating system? Do you by any chance
> have a public URL that provides a problematic stream?
Windows XP, Windows Vista, Mac OSX 10.5
7.14.0 on XP and Vista, I don't have my Macbook right now, so I'm not
sure about that one
Sure: http://sandboxwallace.liveadmakerdev.com/.GetApplicationsAsJSON

> This is pointless. libcurl uses this on its own.
Not if you overwrite the headers with custom ones, they seem to all be
overwritten

>> headers = curl_slist_append(headers, "Accept-Encoding: deflate");
>> curl_easy_setopt(curl, CURLOPT_ENCODING, "deflate");
>
> This is confusing. CURLOPT_ENCODING will set the necessary headers.
> Adding your own custom ones as well only risk to mess things up.
Again, it other options require me to overwrite the headers.

>> string s = "LOSID=" + LOSID;
>> headers = curl_slist_append(headers, s.c_str());
>
> What? That's not a valid HTTP header. They must start with "[letters]:".
It's custom for the company server that I'm communicating with, it has
nothing do to with the problem because uncompressed data works fine.

>> headers = curl_slist_append(headers, "Authorization:");
>
> This is just strange. It removes Authorization: headers, but libcurl
> doesn't just randomly add any so there should be none to remove.

Legacy, it now uses the LOSID for authorization, that's gone now.