Re: Decompression problems

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2009 20:34:51 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 17 Apr 2009, Jonathan Wallace wrote:

> I hope someone can help me figure out what's going wrong with this thing,
> I've been fighting with it for months.

What libcurl version on what operating system? Do you by any chance have a
public URL that provides a problematic stream?

> headers = curl_slist_append(headers, "Accept: */*");

This is pointless. libcurl uses this on its own.

> headers = curl_slist_append(headers, "Accept-Encoding: deflate");
> curl_easy_setopt(curl, CURLOPT_ENCODING, "deflate");

This is confusing. CURLOPT_ENCODING will set the necessary headers. Adding
your own custom ones as well only risk to mess things up.

> string s = "LOSID=" + LOSID;
> headers = curl_slist_append(headers, s.c_str());

What? That's not a valid HTTP header. They must start with "[letters]:".

> headers = curl_slist_append(headers, "Connection: Keep-Alive");

This is pointless.

> headers = curl_slist_append(headers, "Authorization:");

This is just strange. It removes Authorization: headers, but libcurl doesn't
just randomly add any so there should be none to remove.