Re: error:14094410:SSL routines:SSL3_READ_BYTES:sslv3 alert handshake failure

From: Vamsidhar reddy <reddy.vamsidhar_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 16:17:59 +0530

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for your inputs. I figured out that problem was because client cert was not provided.

SSL Handshake failed because Server is expecting the client cert where as Client cert was not provided i.e option --cert had to be supplied.

Below command worked.

bash-3.00$ curl -3 -v --ftp-ssl -T encoder.out --key vs_privkey.pem --cert vs_cacert.pem -k -S ftp://lis:lis@172.31.107.132:11600

earlier i had used not supplied --cert which is client certificate and so connection failed.

Also key format supported are only PEM/DER/ENG.

I created key and cert using the below command.

openssl req -x509 -newkey rsa:2048 -out vs_cacert.pem -outform PEM -nodes -keyout vs_privkey.pem

Thanks,

Vamsi.

The new Windows Live Messenger. You don’t want to miss this.
http://www.microsoft.com/india/windows/windowslive/messenger.aspx