Re: "On connected" callback function

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2009 23:34:06 +0200 (CEST)

On Sun, 29 Mar 2009, thhk nhkr wrote:

> I am using the curl-library for an HTTP client that connects and send
> requests to remote HTTP servers. I need to implement a mechanism that
> notifies me when a connection was established. Upon connection establishment
> I need to send a Login request to the remote server, and only after this
> request was successfully ended I will be able to send regular requests to
> the server.
>
> I couldnąt find an API that let me register a callback function that will be
> called after a connection was established, is there one?

No, there's no such callback available. This sounds like if you're using some
kind of proxy that you need to pass through but instead of making libcurl
support the proxy you want to make it in the app? Can you elaborate somewhat
more on the specific connection "protocol"?

I'm open for adding such a thing in case of need, but I'd like to understand
the need somewhat more first since quite a number of people already used
libcurl fine without requesting this feature.