Re: Build using CMake

From: Piotr Dobrogost <pd_at_curlpp.org>
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2009 23:20:49 +0100

Jamie Lokier wrote:

> Piotr Dobrogost wrote:
>> By the way; is/was there any effort to make auto* tools work under Windows?
>
> Yes, I do this with my projects. It's quite easy.

Thanks for info and the script.

> You just have to install Mingw or Cygwin on Windows, and then you can
> use the ./configure scripts etc. with Visual Studio as the compiler.

I think neither MinGW nor Cygwin can be called just a tool. Their are
rather big systems on their own and forcing someone to install such a
thing only to compile curl under Windows is not acceptable IMO.

Maybe there is some small subset of any of them which allows to use
auto* tools under Windows?

--
Piotr Dobrogost
*** curlpp.org - c++ wrapper for libcurl ***