Re: SSL Support Other than OpenSSL?

From: Piotr Dobrogost <pd_at_curlpp.org>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 20:05:10 +0100

Daniel Stenberg wrote:
> On Wed, 18 Mar 2009, Piotr Dobrogost wrote:
>
>> I take it from the above excerpt that naming of ssl parameters in
>> libcurl's build script is misleading at least. It looks like
>> --with-ssl refers only to OpenSSL. Shouldn't it then be called
>> -with-openssl instead? This way one wouldn't have to give
>> --without-ssl with other SSL libs.
>
> I would rather have it test for each different lib, one by one and pick
> the first one that works.

Nice idea but I think
- it shouldn't be the default behavior
- users should have more control over this process

To resolve these two problems I would suggest adding something like
--try-with-openssl, --try-with-gnutls, --try-with-nss
for the feature you proposed and I would change current --with-ssl to
--with-openssl.

Piotr Dobrogost