SFTP speed degradation

From: Borey <borey2005_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 10:15:10 +0300

Hi guys.

First of all, I would like say thank you all for the great product cURL.

We started to use cURL lib in our project long time ago , when we needed FTP
library.

Later, we decided to replace FTP to SFTP , and since cURL supports SFTP ,
it did not take much time.

Our product is almost finished, but we faced with the issue (Very slow SFTP
download).

After some investigation I have found, that this is because of libSSH2
library. I have contacted with libSSH2 team regarding this issue, but they
said that they are not going to fix it
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=2641265&group_id=125852&atid=703942.

I know that it is not exactly the cURL problem, but do you have any ideas
how to fix this issue?

Is it possible to replace libSSH2 to something else in cURL (openssh?)

Do you have any plan to replace libSSH2 to support SFTP, what the
efforts?

The SFTP support is very important for us and we already have a lot of code
using cURL.

Any your suggestions are welcome.

Thanks and regards.

Sergey.