Re: TLS upgrade?

From: David Shaw <dshaw_at_jabberwocky.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 14:00:31 -0400

On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 05:47:29PM +0000, Jamie Lokier wrote:
> David Shaw wrote:
> > Does libcurl support upgrading to a TLS connection within a HTTP
> > session? (i.e. RFC-2817)
> >
> > I took a peek at the libcurl code, and nothing jumped out, but it's
> > worth asking. Possibly something planned for the future?
>
> Does anything else implement that?

Apache does. I don't know of any clients that do, though at one point
it was suggested for Firefox (as it helps with the need for a static
IP for SSL sites).

It's a bit of a chicken and the egg problem. No client wants to
support it until the servers do, and no server wants to support it
until the clients do.

David