Re: Re: CrossCompiling libcurl for ARM/snapgear/Intel IXDP425

From: Michael Wood <esiotrot_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2009 10:43:58 +0200

On Mon, Mar 2, 2009 at 9:43 PM, Michael Graf
<calgarycomputertech_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
> Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2009 19:34:10 +0100 (CET)
>
> On Mon, 2 Mar 2009, Michael Graf wrote:
>
>> here is the makefile I need to use for the RFID reader, it might be
>> modifiable to make the curl libraries?
>
> Quite simply, all you need to do is make sure that when you build libcurl, the
> command lines that are run should run the cross-compiler versions of all the
> tools and not the native ones. If it runs the wrong ones, you either need to
> re-run configure or setup run-time variables in the makefile the way you've
> done it.
>
> Then of course you need to make sure that your app that uses libcurl use the
> proper set too.
>
> --
>  / daniel.haxx.se
>
> Received on 2009-03-02
>

> Hi Daniel and list.
>
> I have the following configure script called make4ARM.sh (see
> [make4ARM.sh])  which is from the curl/docs/INSTALL text file.
>
> When I run it (see [output]) it seems to have a problem with the
> compiler (also see [config.log]). The arm-linux-gcc is definitely
> there and not a symlink.  The support team for the Astra gave me some
> info which I pasted in [Support]. I would really appreciate any help
> you can give. When I compile using this arm tool chain, it gives
> complaints about curl being compiled for little-endian.

What do you get if you run "file" on your libc.so.6 (or the real file
if that's a symlink)?

[...]
> [Support]
> #
> #Termcap
> #GDB requires termcap
> # tar zxf termcap-1.3.1.tar.gz
> cd termcap-1.3.1
> mkdir build_dir
> cd build_dir/
> CC="arm-linux-gcc -mbig-endian"

What happens if you do this? Or if you set CFLAGS as per the Makefile
you quoted in a previous message:

       IXP425_FLAGS := -mcpu=strongarm -mbig-endian -mtune=xscale
       CFLAGS += $(IXP425_FLAGS)
       LDFLAGS += $(IXP425_FLAGS)

It seems the default output for your toolchain is little endian,
whereas the other binaries are big endian.

--
Michael Wood <esiotrot_at_gmail.com>