Re: CURLOPT_LOCALPORT option broken ?!
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 18:35:16 +0100
Daniel Stenberg wrote:
> On Wed, 25 Feb 2009, Daniel Stenberg wrote:
>> Here's my take at re-arranging it. I removed all gotos and a
>> superfluous strncpy() call and I made all lines shorter than 80
>> columns and the code now uses standard curl indentation.
> Uh, I now realized this still has SO_BINDTODEVICE completely removed and
> I don't like that...
I'd rather remove it,
- you'll bind an ip address of the interface for the matching af anyway
- SO_BINDTODEVICE requires root privs
- it is unclear if it really works, testing requires special network
setup, results may differ due to different routing setups.
Nevertheless, I've attached 2 versions of your adjusted patch, fixing
the logic error, with/out so_bindtodevice.
- text/x-diff attachment: bindlocal-8-with-bindtodevice.diff
- text/x-diff attachment: bindlocal-8-without-bindtodevice.diff