Re: curl_easy_setopt for SSL proxy

From: A. Craig West <acraigwest_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 12:35:44 -0500

2009/1/26 Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>:
> PAC is javascript and we've been down this road before. Getting such an
> interpreter into libcurl is not an option, that should be left for the app
> that uses libcurl.

I was thinking something along the lines of adding in optional support
for the pacparser library ( http://code.google.com/p/pacparser/ ), as
I believe it does just about everything we need. That way, we don't
need to deal with the javascript parsing ourselves. If the person
building the library has pacparser installed and enabled, we just use
it, like how we use other third party libraries like the openssl
stuff. We could certainly leave it out, but it would greatly simplify
some of the proxy configuration issues we are dealing with now.
Redirects are one example where having the user do the pac parsing
separately would be cumbersome, as they would be forced to manually
deal with the redirect if the redirected site needed a different proxy
than the original site.
Even given something like pacparser, we will probably need some way to
have authentication information stored on a per-proxy basis. Do we
currently have a way of storing authentication per-site, in some type
of external file? It seems like a useful thing to do...
-Craig