RE: trouble with libcurl on Windows

From: Andrei Jakab <andrei.jakab_at_tut.fi>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 18:40:33 +0200

On Sun, Jan 25, 2009, Pierre Joye wrote:

> That's exactly what I suggested to Daniel earlier today.
>
> I created a makefile for ssl, ldap (openldap or winldap), libssh,
> zlib, idn, etc. to use with our builds for PHP Windows. Once I'm happy
> enough with it, I will post it here.

I see that most people on this mailing list are very fond of makefiles :)
However, in my opinion, they are the reason why you're having so many issues
with Visual Studio developers. We're just so used to opening and compiling
projects from the IDE that a good majority of us don't take the time to
learn how to use makefiles. If you want to increase the number of windows/VS
developers using curl and maybe even get some of them to help out with the
project, you want to make it as easy as possible for them to get started
with
the code.

Therefore, the two options that I see are either to provide a barebones
project
file that is sure to compile the libcurl library "out-of-the-box" or to
create
some sort of wizard that generates the project file based on what the user
wants to accomplish with the library. I will look into the wizard option
a bit later this week when I'll have more free time.

Andrei