Re: trouble with libcurl on Windows

From: Guenter Knauf <lists_at_gknw.net>
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2009 22:13:48 +0100

Hi,
Am Sonntag, 25. Januar 2009 10:40:44 schrieb Andrei Jakab:
> I agree. Unless you're using the VC environment to edit the source code,
> the project
> files get outdated rather fast. I just took quick look at one of the
> .vcproj files and
> they seem to be in XML format. Therefore making a script that generates
> them automatically
> shouldn't be too hard.
What if we drop the crazy project files at all, and create nmake-compatible
makefiles? AFAIK these work with every MSVC version + the IDE is able to
create a project from it; also with those tons of external libs needed for
the various features which you can enable with libcurl its far easier to use
some environment vars which point to the dependent projects; if you use
environment vars with a project file then IIRC this works only if you set
these vars system-wide so that the IDE can see them; with a nmake makefile
you can just set them inside your DOS box with a batch script.

just my 2ct.

Gün.